04 June 2014

rainbow town

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

the words, they escape me. but the colors, they do not. I brought some home from a recent trip to san francisco, slipped them in my pocket like candy. other things I brought home: a few polaroids, a few rocks from china beach, an old straw hat (gifted), an old mamiya/sekor (thrifted) plus strawberry-stained clothing, sunkissed skin. I crossed number 40 off the list and learned that the friends who will voluntarily get naked with you in somewhat public places (aka the japanese communal baths) are the friends you keep forever and ever amen. the ones who do not laugh when you tell them you've never made whipped cream from scratch (never, not ever, not once) are the good ones. the friends who will sit at the beach and talk and dig through rocks, even when they have a million other things to do, the ones who will brave holiday and/or parade traffic on a weekend for you, are the keepers. I have a few keepers in that city they call san francisco, I have a few golden ones. girls, you know who you are.

p.s. speaking of collecting colors and good people, xanthe and I are back with color//colour lovers. round two starts next week and you can play along, if you like. details to come.

3 comments: