09 May 2006

give me



turquoise wooden shutters, songs that people send you, red bell peppers, wigs that sit funny on your head, water-soluble oil pastels, scraps of paper found in the street, little feathers, dewy post-shower skin, polaroid cameras, fake-out karate moves, juicy strawberries as big as your head, junior mints, old school hip hop, french accents, sidewalk chalk, guerilla art, skirts full of swish, books that have to be read in one sitting or else you think you might die, cold water when you're really really thirsty, the hands of that hot guy I married, bowling alleys, crazy swirly straws, handwritten love notes, pink radios, clunky dr. scholl sandals, five minutes of quiet, stories that have to be told in the dark, friends that listen to you go on and on and on and on and on and still love you, voices that make you think of sugar and gravel, great lash mascara in brownish-black, people that kick the lyrical windmills, aprons over jeans, words like 'illuminate' and 'verisimilitude', words like 'languid', giant bubble wands made from old metal hangers, toes painted bright pink, doors painted bright orange, the grace of God, the grace of God, the grace of God.

22 comments:

  1. Ditto. What a beautiful list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!
    You have a way of putting things that just makes me happy. I always read what you have written feeling like it has enhanced my day. It's like visiting with a special friend who always leaves you thinking, "They make me a better person. I need them in my life."
    So thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to put those down, so that we can go back and remind ourselves where the joy is!

    never postpone joy~
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. God I love aprons over jeans.....I've rocked that look a few times just because and have gotten strange looks. Lovely list girlfriend and the photo makes me want to start making something!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post is so full of hope.... i can feel the turn... can you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. sigh...




    very nice. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiter, I'll have what she's having!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can i have any leftovers? ;)

    i love you andrea.

    ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet list, very hope filled :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. listen--will you just get it over with and write a book, already??!! It could be pages and pages just like this! I love the things you notice, the things that strike you...
    To quote a comment above, "you've enhanced my day."

    ReplyDelete
  11. you got some of those clunky sandals too! I got red ones with cherries painted on the sole, I"m still wondering if I can wear them.

    Love your ramblings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i heart your special words and cannot imagine life with you our personal hulagirl! thank you precious wonderful gift. kickass dude!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm so with you on the turquoise shutters, junior mints and great lash mascara! great list!

    i think the book is right here - just copy each post into a book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gimme more Hula Seventy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, loveley. I could SMELL those pastels when I saw the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is delicious. thank you!

    ReplyDelete